Major Landforms of the Earth Class 6 Questions and Answers You will find answers to difficult questions here. You will use them to help you in your exam preparation. And you will get information about all these subjects NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Geography Chapter 6 Major Landforms of the Earth familiarises Reading Sharing about the Motions of the Earth which introduces you to the questions that will come in your board exams. Students are advised to follow these questions and answers to score well. read regularly.
- 1 Major Landforms of the Earth Class 6 Questions and Answers Geography Chapter 6
Major Landforms of the Earth Class 6 Questions and Answers Geography Chapter 6
Use the Class 6 SST Geography Chapter 6 NCERT Solutions Motions of the Earth Class 6 Questions and Answers Geography Chapter 6 Read this post completely and try to solve it yourself and then see the answer. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Geography Chapter 6 Major Domains of the Earth is here to cover all the latest syllabus in all this. Going by the NCERT Class 6 Geography Chapter 6 Questions and Answers it will be very easy for all students to appear for the exam with a lot of confidence.
Class 6 Geography Chapter 6 NCERT Textbook Questions and Answers
Answer the following questions briefly.
(a) What are the main landforms?
(b) what is the difference between a mountain and a plateau?
(c) What are the different types of mountains?
(d) How are the mountains useful to man?
(e) How are the plains formed?
(f) Why are the river plains densely populated?
(g) Why are mountains sparsely populated?
(a) The major landforms are- mountains, plateaus and plains.
(b) Differences between a mountain and a plateau:
|Mountains are the high and steep landforms that extend above the surrounding areas.||Plateaus are the flat-surfaced areas, bounded by steep slopes.|
|Height may be more than 900 metres.||Heights may be few hundred metres to several thousand metres.|
|Rich in water||Rivers fall from great heights.|
|Rich in variety of flora and fauna.||Rich in minerals.|
|Cultivation of crops is very difficult.||Rich in black soil that are fertile and good for cultivation.|
|Several sports are popular in the mountains.||Scenic spots.|
(c) Different types of mountains
There are three types of mountains –
- Fold Mountains
- Block mountain
- To install Volcanic mountains.
(d) The mountains utility for man can be summarized as under:
- These are the storehouses of water.
- Many rivers have their source in the glaciers in the mountains.
- Reservoirs are created and the water is harnessed for the use of people.
- Mountains provide water for irrigation
- Provide water for the generation of hydro-electricity.
- Mountains have a rich variety of flora and fauna. These provide fuel, fodder, shelter and other products like gum, raisins, etc.
- Mountains provide an idyllic site for the tourists etc.
(e) Plains are the flat and relatively low-laying areas of the Earth’s surface. These plains are formed by rivers and their tributaries. The rivers flow down from mountains and erode many materials of the Earth such as stones, sand etc., and deposit it in the areas. In this way, the plains are formed.
(f) The river plains are thickly populated regions of world because:
- In these areas, it is easy to build houses.
- It is easy to cultivate because of fertile soil.
- It is easy to make roads.
- It is easy to commute there.
(g) Mountains are sparsely populated because these are areas with steep slopes and lack of good and fertile land. These conditions are not favorable for agriculture. On the other hand, it is very difficult to make houses, buildings, roads, and bore wells etc. Therefore, it is not possible to develop such areas and conditions are not found favorable for habitation.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Geography Chapter 6 Major Landforms of the Earth
Tick the correct answer.
Question 2. (a) The mountains differ from the hills in terms of:
Answer: (i) Elevation
Question 2. (b) Glaciers are found in:
(i) The mountains
(ii) The plains
(iii) The plateaus
Answer: (i) The mountains
Question 2. (c) The Deccan Plateau is located in:
Answer: (iii) India
Question 2. (d) The river Yangtze flows in:
(i) South America
Answer: (iii) China
Question 2. (e) An important mountain range of Europe is:
(i) The Andes
(ii) The Alps
(iii) The Rockies
Answer: (ii) The Alps
- NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Geography Chapter 1
- NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Geography Chapter 2
- NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Geography Chapter 3
- NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Geography Chapter 4
- NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Geography Chapter 5
Fill in the blanks.
- A_______________ is an unbroken flat or a low-level land.
- The Himalayas and the Alps are examples of___________________ types of mountains.
- ____________________ areas are rich in mineral deposits.
- The ___________________ is a line of mountains.
- The _______________________ areas are most productive for agriculture.
We hope that NCERT Class 6 Social Science Geography Chapter 6 An attempt has been made to give information about the NCERT Class 6 Social Science Geography Chapter 6 Major Landforms of the Earth PDF , it will help you a lot in reading it, if you want more information about it, then comment on us and hope that you will like our You must have liked this post plz share it with people